Upper Lachlan Shire Council’s vision is to establish a balanced and sustainable portfolio of vibrant tourism and community events that celebrate and generate awareness of the unique attributes of the Shire, creating compelling reasons for visitors and residents to explore and return to the area.
This page offers event organisers an insight into Council’s event application process, as well as tips and tricks to planning a successful and safe event.
Application for an event permit
In Upper Lachlan, your event may require approval from Council before it can proceed on Council parks and reserves. You will need to apply for an event permit at least 30 days prior to your event if one or more of these apply:
- you plan to erect infrastructure i.e. Large or multiple marquees, temporary fencing, a stage etc.
- you require vehicle access to drop off equipment
- your event will impact vehicle and/or pedestrian traffic, or you are requesting closure of a road or carpark
- you are charging a participant fee
- there will be 60 attendees or more
- your event requires a reservation
Please contact councils Environment and Planning Department for event application and guideline.
Booking a venue
A booking is required for the use of Council land and venues. The booking application will impose conditions to ensure Council’s assets are not damaged. To book a Council venue please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4830 1000.